Characteristics of Sand Casting
There are 7 distinctive characteristics of sand casting you have to know if you are working in machinery industry.
- The strength of chemically hardened sand mold is much higher than that of clay sand mold, and after being made into sand mold, it is hardened to a relatively high strength and then demolded, and no repairing is required. Therefore, the mold can more accurately reflect the size and contour shape of the pattern, and it is not easy to deform in the subsequent process. The obtained casting has high dimensional accuracy.
- Because the viscosity of the binder and hardener used is not high, it is easy to mix with the sand particles. The sand mixing equipment is light in structure, low in power and high in productivity, and the sand processing part can be simplified.
- The mixed molding sand has good fluidity before hardening, and the molding sand is easy to be pounded during molding, so a large and complicated molding machine is not required.
- When modeling with chemically hardened sand, pattern materials such as wood, plastic and metal can be selected according to production requirements.
- The content of binder in chemically hardened sand is much lower than that of clay sand, and there is no powdery auxiliary material in it. If the original sand with the same particle size is used, the gap between sand particles is much larger than that of clay sand. In order to avoid metal infiltration between the sand grains during casting, the surface of the sand mold or core should be coated with a good quality coating.
- The chemical hardening sand with water glass as the binder has low cost and no odor in the working environment during use. But this kind of casting mold is not easy to disintegrate after pouring metal; the used old sand cannot be directly recycled and must be regenerated, and the regeneration of sodium silicate sand is more difficult.
- The cost of chemically hardened sand with resin as a binder is higher, but the casting is easy to separate from the molding sand after pouring, the workload of casting cleaning is reduced, and most of the used sand can be recycled and reused.
For more information ,please be kindly to contact us !